20 Apr Social Media Community Manager
The Social Media Community Manager is in charge of managing and developing a brand’s online community. He/she acts as the brand’s spokesman and communicates with end-users within the community.
The Social Media Community Manager may work closely with the Social Media Manager on the strategic planning of social media marketing campaigns. However, his/her main role is to communicate and provide support to the community members.
The Social Media Community Manager is the first point of contact within the social media community and strives to engage and provide support to members of the community. The Social Media Community Manager is required to monitor trends and topics mentioned by the community and has the ability to anticipate potential problems that may negatively affect brand reputation.
A Social Media Community Manager builds the brand’s online presence and fosters stronger relationships between the brand and the public. It is not uncommon for smaller brands to combine the job scope of a Social Media Manager and Community Manager. However, more established brands tend to segregate the two roles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact for the company’s social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, forum and blog
- Interact with community members and customers in a professional, personable, and timely manner to grow and keep the community alive
- Work with the marketing, creative, and customer experience team to create high quality, engaging, relevant, and timely content
- Manage the social media editorial calendar and ensure the content is published by the stipulated deadlines
- Foster and strengthen new relationships with key influencers within the community
- Deploy social listening tools to monitor positive/negative comments and topic trends, and strive to boost engagement and resolve any potential conflicts that may affect brand reputation
- Generate comprehensive reports on overall community sentiment and notable trends and provide meaningful feedback
- Keep up to date to the latest social media trends and emerging social media platforms in the industry
Community Manager Requirements:
- A degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing, or a related field may be required.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is essential.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- At least two years of experience managing social media platforms.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Superb time management skills.